Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Of Benedictine Monasteries

Just a photo around the monastery.  There are many icons of saints everywhere, many of them painted by monks and guests.

This is the meditation veranda.  It overlooks the Hudson River and is always silent.  There are more flowers now and I really should take another photo.

Just the monks sitting at my table for lunch one day.  Their names are Randy, Joseph, Roy and Bernard.

The food here is delicious!  Really, I have not had a day where I was not amazed at the quality and healthy factor.  I will tell you more about the chef later.  He was trained at the Culinary Institute of America, which is just up the river from here.

This is the monastery in the foreground, the church in the middle and the guesthouse at the far end.

My room.

No comments:

Post a Comment