Saturday, September 22, 2018

Good Morning!

I just arrived yesterday afternoon.  The cake that was sent by the devotees of DC to the brothers here was warmly received and enjoyed.  It was a very pristine expression of love and I send out a thanks to the one who hatched such a sweet plan.

I read the first chapter of "The Imitation of Christ" just now.  It spoke of a verse that we shared in a lecture not too long ago from Ecclesiastes 1:8.  It reminded me that the eye cannot be satisfied by seeing nor the ear filled by hearing.  It encouraged me to focus beyond the senses for peace.  It  is to live in that changless place behind the mind and senses.  It is a call to notice yourself as the viewer of you mind, the viewer of your senses.  In that identity lies peace and tranquility.  

No comments:

Post a Comment